Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Soup-a-Doup-a! Roast Pumpkin Soup!


I love cold weather. I appreciate that may see me in the minority! One of the reasons I love cold weather is the wonderful, warm hearty food.

This soup is insanely easy: you need a handful of ingredients, and it can be made relatively quickly. Enjoy!


600g pumpkin (I use butternut)
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 or 3 sprigs of rosemary
500ml -750ml good quality vegetable stock (depending on how thick you like your soup)
olive oil


Preheat the oven to 180'c. 

Cut the pumpkin into chunks. I prefer to keep the skin on when I roast pumpkin, I think the flavour is better that way, obviously it is totally up to you. Douse the pumpkin, garlic cloves & rosemary in olive oil, and then spread across a baking sheet. Roast in an oven for 25-30 mins or until golden, and soft. 
Put the stock into a saucepan & bring to a gentle boil. 
Remove garlic & rosemary & discard. The skins from the pumpkin & discard. Put the pumpkin into a blender & pulse until smooth. Add ladelfuls of the simmering stock, until you get the deisred consistency, stirring well each time to combine. Taste & season w/ S&P according to your taste. I had some cream in the fridge, so I added that to the pot too, but it isn't necessary.   Serve w/ toasted bread.



Wine Match!
This is lovely w/ a dry white wine or even, if your taste head in this direction, a dry sherry.


No comments:

Post a Comment