Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Plan B Food

Or a lesson in how to unimpress & alienate your FlatMate.

I was, unexpectedly, not the only person in for dinner last night; the FM would be home. . . what to do?

The small Lamb Sagg I had just collected from the Indian place would not feed one person; much less a second.

Solution: a wee jaunt across the street to the butcher & grocer (but sadly twasn't a day for the candlestick maker).

Some yummy kebabs (chicken & macadamia! italian beef! greek lamb!) and some salad items later, dinner was looking a-go.

Yum!

However, in all my smuggness at getting a yummy & healthy meal so pulled together so quickly, I evidently misplaced the filter between my brain and my mouth.

FM: 'Why don't you just do something like this for the folks coming on Saturday night?'

Me: 'Oh, no. I couldn't serve this to guests!'

FM: 'But what, it's ok to serve it to me?'

A. x


PS -- Recipe (if you can even use that word for this!)

Flame grill a red & yellow capsicum (take a cake stand, put it on a burning gas element on the stove, lightly oil the caps, and put them onto the flame); raw snow peas, baby tomatoes, mixed greens. Grill the kebabs; mix it all together if desired. I used Balsamic Vinegar for the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment