Thursday, May 6, 2010

Update: Raspberry & Oat Bars

I made (& then blogged about) these quite late last night, as my pesky cold wouldn't allow me to fall asleep. As they were straight from the oven when I posted the recipe, I hadn't had much of a chance try them (though the smell was just amazing).

O. M. G!! These are freaking awesome!!!

I think the choice of raspberry jam was very important: I used Harris Farm (own brand) raspberry jam.

Why Harris Farm own-brand? Well, when I  looked at the ingredient list of the many, many yummy looking jams they had & compared them (including the expensive fru-fru ones), the Harris Farm jam's list of ingredients stood out as being the best: raspberries (50%), sugar, pectin.

As in: the only 3 ingredients you would find in proper jam like Grandma used to make (assuming your grandma was into jam making that is). All of the other jams had more than 3 ingredients, including preservatives, fillers etc.

The quality of the jam is evidenced by the amazing flavour from these little bars of joy.

These, ladies & gentleman, are a recipe-box keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment